How to solve error message “The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application”
This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.
You can find below the procedure for replacing the corrupted /misconfigured Windows files which should solve the issue you are dealing with:
1. Click here to download the archive and decompress it to reveal the correct Windows files.
The archived contains 5 files:
mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll
Please save these files to any location on your PC;
2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
[How to restart in SAFE MODE]
– Restart the computer;
– Press the “F8” key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press “F8” until you will be displayed a text menu;
– Select “SAFE MODE”;
3. Access C:\\Windows\\System32;
4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
5. Next, copy all those files to C:\\Windows\\System32 replacing the current ones;
6. Reboot in normal mode;